Wednesday 21 October 2015

Rust No.3

Hi everyone!

Welcome to the 3rd rust creation! 
I think this is my favourite one (though it didn't start off like that!)  

At first I thought I had made a HUGE error - to be honest the colour wash I chose looked like a massive mistake - it looked too bright and I wasn't keen at all....but the Quinacridone Gold can make anything look beautiful!

      I covered it with embossed card and after the Paynes grey/white acrylic coat was dry I covered it with a wash of Decoart Media Cobalt Turquoise Hue....At this point I considered throwing it away! But I was determined to see it through and see what all of the colour washes looked like as finished rust effects. This was then painted with Quinacridone Gold - concentrated more on the patches of texture paste and dry brushed everywhere else. The edges were shaded with Paynes Grey


And this is what it looks like now....


This was a super simple one to finish...It was already in the form of a decorative frame with the embossing and the triple frames cut out so it didn't really need much added. I stuck some dictionary paper onto card and die cut leaf shapes


I then dabbed each leaf with Evergreen Bough DI before darkening the edges a little with Walnut Stain DI. I added a chit chat sticker to each leaf which had been dabbed with some Ground Espresso DI. The background was from the Prima Cartographer paper set...


I added some ornate metal corners which had been covered with Decoart Iced Espresso Metallic Lustre.



And there is the finished frame! Hope you like it...

The next one will be this frame...Hope you will come back to see what it became...





Thanks so much for being here!

Happy Crafting!
Laura 
xxx


Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Hi Laura :-) as a huge fan of rusting I just had to view your fabulous piece. Love the wonderful colour and textures. Love the leaves too

    TFS Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Another rusty beauty from your hand, Laura!
    LOVE it to bits!

    Hugs,
    Claudia xxx

    ReplyDelete

It is always lovely to see people visiting so I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment for me - Thank you!