Friday 15 February 2013

Miniature Frame



    Hello everyone! Here with romantic lace and hearts (again!) Frilly and Funkie are having a lace and hearts Valentine challenge and well, I couldn't resist. Though I am not quite sure I I have got the Valentines theme right - It certainly has Hearts and Lace.

    I had seen on a blog a while ago a collage inside a miniature frame and I filed away that thought to use at some point. I have some dolls house frames that I don't need for my dolls house and this seemed like a good way to use them.



    They were from a cheap set so were very bright yellow gold. I covered them with matt white enamel paint and then rubbed some metallic rub-on to bring back the texture of the frame.



Earlier that day I had received a parcel in the post - had been doing some retail therapy and bought Old Paper, Tea Dye and Weathered Wood DI and my first ever stains! (Tattered Rose, Bundled Sage, Weathered wood, Antique Linen, Milled Lavender and Tarnished Brass).....My kids were thrilled that there was parcel to open and of course my daughter, who loves working with DI's, was overjoyed to see she now had stains to play with....

     Anyway....that delivery certainly led the way with the colour choices...after a bit of a play around with my new colours I got to work.

 

A background of Tattered Rose, dab of Antique Linen over ephemera to age them. Collecting bits and pieces from the art cupboard...Including my new twig style miniature hearts, buttons and beads. Also I had just bought some gorgeous crochet lace and rusty wire....I was so thrilled to get to use those straight away!



I sat and moved things around..added and taken away until I liked what I saw.


It was really difficult because I was working on a smaller surface than an ATC...(5.5cms x 4 cms).I had the freedom to take some of the decoration onto the frame but most had to be placed inside....It was tricky fiddly work but I have always loved working in miniature....I guess I like a challenge!





    Hope you like it!















   I would like to enter this for the following challenge -

Frilly and Funkie -Lacy Heartsy Valentine
Anything but a card  - Share the love
Anything challenge - Vintage Shabby Chic

20 comments:

  1. Oh that is seriously cute! And what an improvement on those frames...hint hint.

    I love this one though sadly it wouldn't quite fit in a dolls house with the "external" decorations which are great.

    However it opens up all sorts of possibilities ;-)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great make, with a wonderful vintage feel, the stains are fab aren't they?! Lovethe embellies including that rusty wire!!! Hugs trace x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for joining us at frilly and Funkie trace xx

      Delete
  3. I do really love your shabby Chic art. And I just found in your frame this wonderful addaptation for a hot-air Ballon - I hope this is what the button stands for :-) Fantastic!
    XO SanDee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic pictures that really capture all your designs so beautifully. This miniature frame is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous creation. You have included so much detailing into this tiny frame creatio and it is so feminine. I love the idea, have bits from a dolls house at home I shall now rediscover! Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes this time and good luck.
    Carol xx DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good things really do come in small packages... enchanting!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a long time it took to read your post as there were so many lovely accents on your art piece. It was delightful.. Thank you for joining in at Anything But A Card this time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous piece so much detail and lovely colour range. A wise investment on those products you bought x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Laura. I love this beautiful artwork. You have certainly put so much into a small piece and it works wonderfully... so much to look at. You really will love using your stains in so many ways. Have a great weekend, cheers, Di

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous shabby chic piece Laura. All the little elements inside are magical. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your wonderful photography Laura, this little frame is gorgeous. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  12. How you have managed to add so much into so little with such elegance and balance is beyond me. It has just the right amount of vintage to stop it being grungy too. Huge round of applause and thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie for this challenge. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Der Rahmen wurde wunderschön gestaltet, es gibt si viele bezaubernde Kleinigkeiten zu sehen, ich bin ganz begeistert, toll!
    Liebe Grüße.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful project Laura, so much detail on such a small space ! Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a sweet collection of tiny elements - the collage inside the miniature frame is delightful. Love the vintage feel you have created here. So great, Laura, to have you joining in the fun with us again this time at Frilly and Funkie!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this collage in such a tiny frame! As I read I was hoping you'd give the dimensions...it is tiny! I love miniatures too! This is adorable! Thanks for playing along with us again at Frilly and Funkie!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous shabby chic creation - perfect for our challenge.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Anything Goes this time.

    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely. I love the shabby chic look. Thanks for joining up at ABAC.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your blog is beyond adorable. Everything is just so pretty. Could you please please please let me know, where to find such vintage decorations like pages, flowers, ribbons etc?

    ReplyDelete

It is always lovely to see people visiting so I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment for me - Thank you!