Sunday 9 December 2012

Home Sweet Home



    I think the ATC's are my new passion. I go through this in crafts. I will be devoted to crochet and end up with dozens of half made items and then move on to glass painting...after a while I am bored with that and I will start work on my dolls house again before suddenly declaring that I want to do paintings. Variety is the spice of life (so people say) so maybe it is best that my craft interests are always switching.

    I wanted to do the latest challenge for Simon says which is 'House rules' I sat at my desk waiting for inspiration. On a piece of card I began to use watercolour pencils and draw a house, colour the sky..spray with water - Yuck! What was I thinking?!!! Scrap that smudged mess.....hunting through the scrap paper box, maybe a paper pattern might set me off in the right direction (it usually does) - I saw the beige flower paper and thought "That could work" As what? I had no idea but it was a start.

    I had a piece of card cut to size and stuck the patterned paper over it. Obviously it needs more than that.....I carry on hunting through all the bits and pieces. Suddenly I find a die cut of a row of houses...I only hunted through the paper collection yesterday and never came across that die cut then - Isn't it amazing when something turns up exactly when you need it. I don't own a die cutting machine so I think my sister-in-law must have given it to me. Hmmmm....houses...well, that is right for the project...YAY! Now what am I going to do with them?

      I cut one house off the end and covered it in pale orangey/red paper, inked the edges in Gathered twigs DI...coloured the roof in with charcoal pencil...looks nice and shabby. I cut some flowers from a tag illustration and stuck them on the base of the house. I wanted to use the quote "There's no place like home" So I stamped the letters with a mini alphabet stamp set I have and cut out the words and inked them in Antique linen. Then covered with embossing powder and heated them.

     I covered the remaining strip of diecut houses with Antique Linen DI and attached them to the background. My first idea was to paint all the houses different colours but then I thought it would be better if they were almost blended into the backgound, with the orange house - being the home - standing out.

      Dark brown corrugated card was cut into a heart and the edges were distressed and inked, ink was rubbed over the ridges too and then the words were stuck down with the final word 'home' placed on the roof of the house.













Hope you like it!



I am entering this in the following challenge -

Simon says stamp and show - House rules
ATCs with attitude  - Anything goes
Artistic inspirations - Anything goes
Fashionable stamping challenges  - To die for

9 comments:

  1. great atc..love the textures you have used trace x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fabulous ATC... so glad you found a use for the little houses!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Having a box of stash is always helpful when ideas aren't flowing and you've made terrific use of it here. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderful ATC, great texture on it. Thanks for joining us at FSC this fortnight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it and you are absolutely right!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing textures on your ATC.
    Thank you for sharing with us at FSC this fortnight.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a fabulous ATC.I love the layering and textures.!Thanks for sharing it with us at ATCs with Attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous ATC, love the textures ! Thanks for joining us at FSC. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A gorgeous ATC. Really love the way the red house pops.
    Thanks for joining in with our FSC to die for challenge.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete

It is always lovely to see people visiting so I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment for me - Thank you!